Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sourdough Day 4 Feeding 4

I think my starter is dead. I remember seeing a few bubbles before but like yesterday, my starter has just separated - clear liquid on top. I don't know if this is normal.




Maybe I'm being impatient. I added more flour and water and stirred it all.



I need things to start bubbling before I have to start discarding before I can add more. My little jar is getting full.
It doesn't smell bad so maybe I just need to be patient. If nothing happens by day 8, I'm switching to the potato flakes method.

Edit:

I did some more reading. That liquid layer is normal. I should have simply been stirring it back in throughout the day. This is one needy pet. I just looked at it awhile ago and it seems that I'm on the path to frothiness. I want bread this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment